Disciplina Looking to Add to Our Team!
We are looking for an Associate to join our Nashville office. Primary duties include input and management of data and financial tools used to calculate return, risk and investment performance for client portfolios and their respective asset classes covering both traditional (global equities and fixed income) and alternative investments (hedge funds, natural resources, and private markets). This position will have exposure to various asset classes, investment strategies and firms to further their understanding of the investment management industry. The Associate will be expected to be a contributor to the firm with a team mentality.
· Collect, organize and manage accuracy of data inputs into an analytics system used for client reporting and investment analysis.
· Manage the collection, input, and processing of capital flows for multiple client accounts in an accurate and timely manner.
· Reconcile internally directed trades with the appropriate counterparties.
· Perform daily and monthly reconciliations for client portfolio reporting.
· Gather, analyze, and review daily and monthly portfolio performance measurement and valuation reports for all traditional and alternative investments.
· Perform related data integrity reviews to identify possible data entry errors or omissions. Coordinate with team members and external vendors to correct errors.
· Assist with generating monthly performance update reports sent to clients.
· Coordinate and manage content for quarterly client meetings and presentations.
· Support the documentation of various processes and standard procedures related to data input, validation, reporting, and cash flow processes.
· Assist in sourcing new clients, investment managers and general contacts by updating and modifying proprietary databases.
· As directed, participate in the investment manager due diligence process, documenting meeting notes and updating internal database with prospective, new and existing manager information.
· Seek opportunities to enhance processes through automation.
· Degree(s): BS or BBA degree required
· 0-3 years of work experience, preferably in the investment management industry
· Majors: Accounting, Economics, Finance, Computer Science or related discipline
· Familiarity with and interest in financial markets/money management
· Self-starter with a strong work ethic and an ability to work within a team framework
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
· Ability to successfully manage projects and problem solve
· Attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint)
· Position based in Nashville with hybrid work model